>What are the Text Based Adventure Terms of Service…
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other TBA users.
- You may not use the TBA service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, usernames, profiles, and links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the TBA service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack TBA or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with TBA.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any TBA members (“Spam”).
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of TBA, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your TBA account. While TBA prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that TBA cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the TBA service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the TBA service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right, in accordance with any applicable laws, to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The TBA service makes it possible to post text hosted on TBA to outside websites. This use is accepted. However, pages on other websites that display data hosted on TBA must provide a link back to TBA.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
- All content you submit to TBA is placed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
- TBA undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit TBA to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
These terms of service were inspired by Flickr and Twitter.